Congratulations! You have identified some affinity groups …. now what?
For networking meetings or social gatherings:
- Go to the meetings on a regular basis. Bring business cards … so that you can get their business card.
HINT: bring blank business cards so they can write down their information… especially if you are going to a social gathering.
- Email them the very next day. Tell them something fun about your conversation the day before, ask them who they want to network with.
- Call them and set up coffee meeting. Again, find out how you can serve them. They will be more likely to reach out to you.
- Find them a referral, or be helpful to them in some other way.
- Communicate with them at least once a month with a letter, postcard, phone call, or email. Always add value (recipe, news update, connection) …. and let them know how you can be of service to them with your expertise. (I help people solve their real estate problems. If you know someone who is facing a challenge, or is ready to sell, please let me know so I can help them).
- Set a target for yourself: how many networking events per week? and how many “coffees” per week?
How else can you market to your affinity group? Use your imagination and here are a couple of suggestions:
- You can advertise in magazines, newsletters, and online ezines who target these groups of people. The more narrow your geographic focus, the more doable this is.
- You can set up a web page that caters to your affinity group and lets them know how you can serve them.
©2013 Linda Baumgarten.