This multi-part Report is your personal guide to an untapped goldmine of secret motivated sellers that 98% of investors don’t know about. And if they do, they’re scared to go after them … for no sane reason!
Part III – Why Bankruptcies Are Rising
Let’s pick up where we left off with Part I. We had just detailed our intro into the bankruptcy market and why these homeowners are so motivated to sell now. To further clarify the many reasons the "troubled bankruptcy" niche is both exploding and valuable, let’s walk through some key factors that are fueling this market.
(1) The first one is simple. You’d have to be living in a cave to not know it… over the past many years, liberal lending standards have led many consumers to borrow more than they could afford. Let’s just get to the point… stupid loans! At one point, there were over 150 different types of mortgages. Some lenders gave home loans to people, who under more conservative past standards would never qualify for a home loan. These home buyers enjoyed $0-down mortgages, no-document loans, adjustable rate mortgages (ARMs) with unrealistically low "teaser" rates on the front end, 106% loan-to-value (LTV) loans to allow for NO-CASH closings, and even 40-year mortgages! When interest rates went up even slightly above some of the "teaser" rates, we had a situation where many owners have no equity in their homes and cannot afford to pay the higher mortgage. As well, now that the mortgage industry has been devastated by the fall-out from their overly-aggressive programs, they have finally "gotten smarter." The result is totally different lending policies and a tightening of their financial standards. Now, most of these troubled homeowners are unable to qualify for a new loan! Of course, more and more homeowners are at risk of defaulting and are facing foreclosure. These homeowners are looking for solutions to be able to stay in their homes longer. One such solution is bankruptcy. The bankruptcy market is not just growing, but growing at an alarming rate! These homeowners need our help!
(2) Record Foreclosures. Duh, right?
(3) Declining home values. As we just pointed out, the mortgage meltdown has led to record levels of foreclosures. All the foreclosure sales, short sales, and discounted "fire" sales have led to declining values… at an alarming rate.
(4) Economic Recession and Massive Corporate Layoffs. For example, Bank or America has announced lay-offs of 30,000 – 35,000. Chrysler is closing its doors for a month. Banks are failing on a monthly basis.
(5) Record Unemployment. Of course, the economic problems are leaving Americans out of work… a record 14.5 Million Americans are currently in unemployment lines. That translates into a 10% unemployment rate. Clearly, mortgages are going unpaid, foreclosures continue to rise, and homeowners know that filing bankruptcy can allow them to stay in their homes longer. Who doesn’t want to stay in their home?
Unfortunately for our economy (but fortunately for those smart enough to take action with good business opportunities), all the experts agree… it’s going to get worse before it gets better. Specifically, bankruptcies are going to continue to rise through 2013.
So how can YOU and your real estate investing business benefit by these circumstances? Be honest, wouldn’t you like to be able to contact these motivated sellers on the front end of their troubles? BEFORE ANYONE ELSE KNOWS ABOUT THEM? Sure you would! Who wouldn’t? That is the business model we recommend.
Marketing to the right homeowners in bankruptcy offers you this invaluable opportunity!
That’s EXACTLY what we want to show you how to do! It doesn’t matter where you live, where you want to invest, or how long you’ve been investing… we can help! If you’re looking for a niche, dream of almost no competition, don’t mind learning some simple step-by-step details, and are willing to do a little work, then come join us!
Caryn McKinney and Mark Klee originally partnered in 2002. Now they are a national voice on investing in bankruptcies. At the request of their subscribers and students, they have developed quality training materials and seminars to educate investors about this incredible investment opportunity. Their simplified and detailed information includes everything you need to know as a real estate investor wanting to purchase homes in the bankruptcy niche market, including training you how to access and prescreen the hottest leads coming out of bankruptcy. Now you can enjoy the same amazing profits as Mark and Caryn reveal their secrets. Mark Klee is a regular guest speaker at CT REIA. Go here for the current list of upcoming real estate investing seminars in Connecticut.