In yesterday’s post, I shared why affinity groups can give you the best and the fastest source of referrals for your real estate business (or any type of business really).
Today, I am sharing this questionnaire for you to use. This will help identify the niche(s) you have an affinity with.
- What professions are you currently in? What professions have you had in the past (that you enjoyed)?
- What do you do for fun? e.g., CT REIA ski team, boating, dancing, art, bungee jumping.
- What activities do you with your children?
- Do you enjoy church activities or other spiritual practices?
- What life experience do you have that others may share? single, married, divorced, widowed, moved around the country, travel?
- What sports activities do you enjoy doing? or watching?
- Do you enjoy discussing politics, writing, going to comedy clubs?
Now that you have identified what you have an affinity for, time to find groups of people that share your interests.
- You are probably already part of several groups and just did not realize that these would be good places to build relationships and generate referrals.
- Go to www.meetup.com – you can create an account for free. Type in each affinity, and see which groups pop up. Go there … and meet folks. (and this is a good place to rediscover things you enjoy doing).
- Join CT REIA ski team if you enjoy skiing. Attend as many CT REIA events as you can… after all, you will be meeting people who share your love of real estate and who are upbeat positive people.
- Look in your local newspaper … yes, they still exist in hard copy and online. Look at the business and social calendars. There are PLENTY of opportunities to meet like-minded people.
- You can buy lists of people who fit your category.
OK, I encourage you to take 15 minutes NOW and go through this questionnaire.
Tomorrow I will tell you how to generate maximum referrals ….
©2013 Linda Baumgarten.